Thursday, November 20, 2014

Soccer State Finals (Part 1 - AAA Class Maryland)

Last Thursday there weren't any games in Pennsylvania so I decided to search for soccer games in a nearby state. I found two games scheduled at Loyola University's Ridley Athletic Complex in Baltimore, MD: The 2014 Class 3A Maryland Soccer State Finals (Boys and Girls). So I drove to Baltimore and I enjoyed two awesome games.

The first game was the boys' final: River Hill Hawks 2-0 Huntingtown  Hurricanes.


River Hill scored quickly but Huntingtown kept playing strong. Both teams played a great game and they were well matched. I found many good players there. I think some of them could easily play in college. Huntingtown tried to tie the game but River Hill scored the second goal with a penalty kick and they became the 2014 Boys AAA Class State Champions.


After that I watched the girls' final. It started raining but I am glad I was there because it was another awesome soccer game.


River Hill scored two goals in the first 6 minutes. At first it looked like an easy game for them but then the Linganore Lancers began closing the gap with a good goal. River Hill defended the result and Linganore tried to score another goal. Lancers had good chances to tie, including a penalty kick, but the goalie did her job and finally River Hill Hawks won the title:  2014 Girls AAA Class State Champions.


So River Hill High School is the double 2014 State Champion in Maryland. Congratulations to them (boys and girls) and congratulations to Linganore girls and Huntingtown boys for their great tournaments and finals. You all played great!


No comments:

Post a Comment